Saturday 14 July 2007

Swimming Outdoors


Decided to take myself to Tooting Bec Lido. Its the largest fresh water pool in England.

Swimming in fresh water was great, it was very clean. The few leaves floating on the water reminded you that you where swimming outdoors. Getting over the blast of cold water intially, it took me 2 lengths of the 90m pool to adjust. Having mainly swam in 25m indoor pools, the length was something to get used to. But it was very enjoyable not to have to turn so many times. After 5 my breathing fell into rythm and my body temperature aclimatised (my feet still felt cold though). In the end I did 20 laps. Felt great when I got out. It was a beautiful summers evening.

Walked backed to Tooting Bec Tube via the park.

(Picture courtesy of Tooting Bec website www..... - All other photos on the site are mine but they dont allow photography at the pool. You might get your camera wet or something...)

No comments: